Fermented Garlic Honey (FGH) - Cold Booster
Honey fermented garlic has long been used a folk medicine and is always a must-have in the pantry as the cold and flu season hits. As an excellent immunity booster, garlic and honey also helps soothe for sore throats. Pop a garlic clove in your mouth when you feel a cold coming on.
During the fermentation process, sharp, pungent flavours characteristic of fresh garlic will mellow.
How is Craft & Culture's Fermented Garlic Honey different?
Our Fermented Garlic Honey is made in very small batches by hand, by the same folks who brew your favorite Kombuchas and Kefirs! We use organic raw honey in our ferments.
- Antibacterial- Able to stop certain pathogenic (illness-causing) strains of bacteria from growing ie. in infections including pneumonia and a kind of food poisoning. These included Streptococcus pneumonia, Staphylococcus aureus and Salmonella.
- Antiviral - Able to stop the flu virus from growing and was comparable with antiviral drugs
- Rich in vitamins, minerals and amino acids
- Packed with beneficial probiotic bacteria thats good for the gut
- May strengthen the immune system
- Reduce inflammation
- Support Heart and Brain Health
- Pop a garlic clove in your mouth for health maintenance, and especially when you feel a cold coming on; dilute 1 tablespoon in warm water for hydration
- As a condiment (with wings)
- As a glaze over meats and fish
- Fermented Garlic in salads
Will arrive in a glass jar
Garlic cloves and honey will darken, and the honey becomes runnier as it ferments with time--this is normal and expected.
In certain batches, garlic cloves might exhibit as blue in color—Garlic contains both sulfur and amino acids when they combine they can create blue pigments. This is normal and a good sign that lactofermentation is underway and the ferment pH is acidic.
Store in a cool and dark place. May be kept for up to 2 years. See package for best by date.