[NEW SAT CLASSES] Versatile Soy-Miso, Soy Sauce & Tempeh Master Class Workshop
All about Soy - Miso, Soy Sauce & Tempeh Workshop
Soy beans, an integral ingredient of Asian cuisine, are the ultimate umami powerhouse!
Soybeans are naturally rich in protein and contain essential amino acids your body needs. They’re also rich in plant fats, fiber, and several important vitamins, minerals, and polyphenols, a type of antioxidant that may help protect your body against cell damage and conditions like heart disease.
In fact, soy isoflavones are believed to be one of the main reasons behind the many purported health benefits of soy-based foods! Experimental benefits (from published sources) include:
- lower cholesterol
- promote heart health
- lower blood pressure
- may reduce risks of cancer
In this 3 hour workshop, you'll learn to make the fermented soy, 3 ways using 3 different types of cultures! (3-3-3)
- Tempeh (using Rhizopus oryzae Ragi)
- Miso (using Aspergillus oryzae Koji)
- Soy Sauce (using Aspergillus sojae Koji)
TEMPEH (2-3 days): is a fermented bean cake originating from Java, Indonesia. With a nutty and earthy profile, tempeh is delicious and makes for a great meatless alternative
MISO: (1-3 months): made using rice koji, this mould ferment converts soy into a sweet-smelling, umami paste that is great for marinades, soups and more!
SOY SAUCE: (6 months-1yr): The world's most popular condiment, this mould ferment magically transforms into black gold with time and patience.
- Background of probiotics and fermented foods and basic biology of how it maintains the gut biome
- Cleaning and Sanitation
- Practical Uses and applications of ferments
- Ingredients & Selection
- Containers and tools
- Fermentation steps and process
- Tips and tricks to ensure success
EACH WORKSHOP INCLUDES:
A Handy Instruction and Recipe Guide for you to replicate your fermentation, raw materials and containers for you to create your own ferments and take home!
- Address: 183 Jalan Pelikat, B1-115, Singapore 537643 (Between Lobby 3 and 4)
- Please aim to arrive on time. Doors will open on time only before each session.
- A reminder email and health declaration form (for filling) will be sent the week of the workshop
How are we different?
Craft & Culture's workshops, like our brews, are rated #1 in Singapore for quality, content and know how. Each workshop is progressive and focuses on best brewing practices and troubleshooting, so no matter the difficulty level, participants are able to replicate what they've learned each and every time.
See what Satisfied Learners had to Say!
Workshop Policy (Please READ and accept Full terms before purchasing):
- Each class requites a min number of persons to run. In the event that the participation rate is not met within 48 hours of the class date, Craft & Culture reserves the right to provide rescheduling options or cancel the class.
Cancellations: There will strictly be no refunds and rescheduling after purchase; you may transfer your participation in the event you are unable to attend / are unwell (flu like symptoms) / Covid positive. Should you require further assistance, pls email us at email@example.com. All participants who feel unwell (cold, cough, fever) are advised to stay home.
Should there be any unforeseen circumstances resulting in rescheduling/cancellation of the workshop by Craft & Culture, participants will be informed via text messages/email. Participants may choose to get a refund in full/use store credit.
Products shown in image may vary from actual products in the class depending on availability of raw materials.
- Light cleaning and washing up will be done by participant.
Participants have to bring their own bags to bring their ferments home. Bags will not be provided.