Fermented Cranberry Honey - Cold Booster
Cranberries are a seasonal berry available during the fall months. Not only are they packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, cranberries also contain unique phytonutrients known as A-type proanthocyanidins or condensed tannins and may be effective against urinary tract infections (UTI's)
Fermented Cranberry Honey has long been used a folk medicine and is always a must-have in the pantry as the cold and flu season hits. As an excellent immunity booster, cranberry and honey also helps soothe for sore throats. It also goes amazingly on top of pancakes, on meats and ice cream!
How is Craft & Culture's Fermented Cranberry Honey different?
Our Fermented Cranberry Honey is hand made in very small batches, by the same folks who brew your favorite Kombuchas and Kefirs! We use raw honey in our ferments. Each jar is fermented for at least 1 month.
Experimental Benefits of Fermented Cranberry Honey:
- Antibacterial- Impedes certain pathogenic (illness-causing) strains of bacteria from growing ie. in infections including pneumonia
- Antiviral - impedes flu virus from growing
- Rich in vitamins, minerals and amino acids
- Packed with beneficial probiotic bacteria thats good for the gut
- May strengthen the immune system
- Reduce inflammation
- Support Heart and Brain Health
- dilute 1 tablespoon in warm water for hydration
- As a condiment (with wings)
- As a glaze over meats and fish
- in salads
Raw Honey, Cranberries
Chunky pieces of fermented cranberries suspended in raw honey. Cranberries and honey will darken, and the honey becomes runnier as it ferments with time--this is normal and expected. Berries may also soften and split during the fermentation.
Store in a cool and dark place at room temperature. May be kept for up to 1 year. See package for best by date.