Probiotics For Pets
Why Probiotics for Dogs and Cats?
When our fur friends suffer from gut problems, poor immunity, skin and health health, we also spend lots of money at the vet. Why not maintain good health for our fur friends by introducing Milk Kefir and Kombucha into their diets? Milk Kefir and Kombucha helps to regulate good bacteria in both pet and human guts, and contains over 30 strains of beneficial bacteria and yeast. Craft & Culture is the first kefir brewery to provide quality Kefirs to fur babies and human parents in Singapore since 2016, way before other companies followed suit!
With Stuart the Chow Chow, who loves taking rich and creamy Craft & Culture Milk Kefirs for his daily dose of yummy probiotics.
Here's a list of health benefits for pets:
- Provides anti-biotic and anti-fungal properties
- Restores balance to your pet’s digestive tract after the use of antibiotics
- Helps to prevent allergies in your pet
- Beneficial for candidiasis and heart problems in pets/humans
- Vitamin B will regulate the normal function of the kidneys, liver and nervous system for you and your pet
- Helps to promote healthy looking skin, boosting energy and promoting longevity
- All the micro-organisms present strengthen the digestive system
- Helps to alleviate gas, bloating and heartburn
- Probiotic aid may help with IBD, eczema and bad breath
- Has been linked to aid in gastritis, pancreatitis, abdominal peptic issues, skin psoriasis, rheumatism, joint disease as well as gouty arthritis, weakening of bones, anemia, as well as leaky digestive tract syndrome
- Able to reduce risking potential a number of malignancies, such as colon cancer malignancy, stopping the increase of cancerous cells
- Health advantages comprise of acne pimple management or treatment, sleep problems, unhappiness, asthma attack, respiratory disease, high blood pressure, all forms of diabetes, long-term weakness syndrome, allergic reactions, colitis, looseness of the bowels, and so forth
How much should I feed?
- Small size dogs or cats: 3 Tablespoons
- Medium size dogs and cats: 5 Tablespoons
- Large dogs: 7 Tablespoons
As always: variation, moderation and balance! Kefir & Kombucha are very safe, This is not to say that some people or pets don’t react negatively, especially when first trying it. When introducing raw probiotics to your pets, remember to always go slow.
Give your pet’s system time to adjust. For the first few days to a week try half the recommended dosages. This will avoid digestive upset as your pet’s system adjusts to the increase of good flora in their GI tract.
We like giving milk kefir and kombucha out in the form of doggy treats and mixed with fruit or wet mixes, instead of with dry foods.
Here's an example of one of our recipes below with blueberries and Milk Kefir. You may mix it with cut fruit pieces or blended into a smoothie! Doggies and Cats love cool smoothies too!
Pet-Friendly Milk Kefirs & Kombuchas in our Store:
We Love our Pet Customers!
Photo Credit: Miki the Corgi (IG: @miki.thecorgi)
Photo Credit: (IG @dingding_and_dondon)