[NEW SCHEDULE] Tempeh Workshop
Tempeh Workshop (2 Hr)
What is Tempeh?
Tempeh is a traditional Indonesian soy product made from fermented soybeans using rhizopus oligosporus mould. It became increasingly popular due to its delicious nutty profile and high protein content. It also has a firm and earthy flavour, which increases in intensity as it ripens.
Traditionally, tempeh is made of soybeans but this workshop, we will explore two uncommon types of tempeh (Surprise menu) and an additional type of tempeh if time permits.
If you think all tempeh is the same, we’re looking forward to surprising you. Once you know how to make your own, you’ll never go back to store-bought as handmade tastes best!
We love it especially sliced thin and fried into chips, or cubs in a lemongrass-sambal stir-fry. Tempeh is incredibly versatile and is used to make vegan burger patties that are sold at expensive health food stores.
You will get our Tempeh Kit Containing:
- Tempeh Starter 25g
- Raw materials
- Storage Bags and containers as required
- Instruction Sheets and recipe ideas
- Use of Craft & Culture’s facilities and equipment
In this 2 hour workshop, you will learn about the basics first:
- Why Bacteria and Moulds are crucial
- What is fermentation and probiotics
- How are they beneficial
- sterile techniques so as to prevent the formation of harmful microbes that could jeopardize your ferment.
- Address: 183 Jalan Pelikat, B1-115, Singapore 537643 (Between Lobby 3 and 4)
- Please aim to arrive on time. Doors will only open on time before each session.
- A reminder email and health declaration form (for filling) will be sent the week of the workshop
How are we different?
Craft & Culture's workshops, like our brews, are rated #1 in Singapore for quality, content and know how. Each workshop is progressive and focuses on best practices and troubleshooting, so no matter the difficulty level, participants are able to replicate what they've learned each and every time.
See what Satisfied Participants had to Say!
Workshop Policy (Please READ full terms before purchasing):
- Only persons with fully vaccinated status (wrt Trace Together app) will be permitted to attend
- For participants who were exposed to an infected person, a min of 3 days of negative ART test results have to be submitted in advance
- Each class requites a min number of persons to run. In the event that the participation rate is not met within 48 hours of the class date, Craft & Culture reserves the right to provide rescheduling options or cancel the class.
Cancellations: There will strictly be no refunds and rescheduling after purchase; you may transfer your participation in the event you are unable to attend / are unwell (flu like symptoms) / Covid positive. Should you require further assistance, pls email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All participants who feel unwell (cold, cough, fever) are advised to stay home.
Should there be any unforeseen circumstances resulting in rescheduling/cancellation of the workshop by Craft & Culture, participants will be informed via text messages/email. Participants may choose to get a refund in full/use store credit.
Products shown in image may vary from actual products in the class depending on availability of raw materials.
- Light cleaning and washing up will be done by participant.
Participants have to bring their own bags to bring their ferments home. Bags will not be provided.