Recipe: Pink Lychee Kombucha Gummies
Posted by Craft & Culture - Kombucha, Kefir & Probiotics Singapore Admin on
Using Our Delicious Pink Lychee Kombucha!
I was having a peckish moment and trying to experiment with easy recipes with Kombucha when I saw some gorgeous gummy bears by Sprinkle Bakes! Her version is using Rose wine but I’m thinking our version with live probiotic bacteria might be a healthier choice.
In trying to create a lovely pink gummy, we decided to use our lychee kombucha and we think it looks super pretty! What do you think? We've also tried using other flavoured kombuchas and they are always a favorite with kiddos and adults who are looking to incorporate some probiotics into their diet. Warning: Might be addictive.
Kombucha contain vitamin C, organic acids and live cultures so we’ll like to prepare our recipes as raw as possible. In this modified recipe below, you'll see that we created a gelatin solution first before stirring in some kombucha so we do not end up killing the beneficial bacteria.
You may modify the recipe using konnyaku if you're looking at vegan or vegetarian options, but results could vary as we have not tested using konnyaku out in gummy form. Kombucha Konnyaku jellies, however will be making an appearance in a separate post in future.
- 0.5 cups water
- 1 cup (250ml) or 1 x 250 ml bottle of our Lychee Kombucha
- 1/3 cup or 50g of Gelatin
- Some sugar to taste (I think our Kombucha is sweet enough, so omit if you prefer a mildly sweet snack)
- In a small sauce pot, heat up the water
- Whisk in your gelatin (and sugar to taste, if desired) until all dissolved into a clear solution.
- Slowly add in kombucha into the gelatin mixture and mix well.
- Lightly spray moulds with some oil
- Gently pour your kombucha gelatin mixture into your gummy bear mould
- Chill until firm set, at least 1 hour
- Remove Gummy Bears from the mold and Store your Gummy Bears in the fridge.